Chanele's Reviews > Dead and Gone

Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris

May 15, 09

Read in May, 2009

This is probably my least favorite of the Sookie novels, but that is not to say that I didn't enjoy it. Harris is back with her witty dialogue and elaborate cast of characters, but as the story arcs away from the vampires, it loses something.

The last 50 or so pages move so quickly and there are too many references left open for the future. I like that the previous Sookie books could stand alone. This one gave me the sensation that Harris is just priming us for the next book, which was a bit disappointing. I'll keep reading Sookie regardless, and I don't like having to ponder for a year on comments that may or may not have meant anything.

While it's a dark theme to begin with, the personal relationship with really dark material Sookie finds herself having left me feeling a little disconnected with this book. While I am glad Harris does not go into gruesome details, I miss the vampire wars and supe chaos more. The fairies are interesting, but I am glad it seems pretty sure they will not reappear in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead and Gone.