Barry's Reviews > The Wolf of Wall Street

The Wolf of Wall Street by Jordan Belfort

M 50x66
May 30, 09

Read in May, 2009

I never quite finished this book. I left it in a Holiday Inn room. It was a book length version of something we would read in the National Inquirer or Letters from readers in Penthouse.
I guess he describes the profligate lifestyle of the stock con man who believes he deserves more money than brains. And he does keep things moving. But I kind of wondered how he got all the money in the first place and how he got to own a semi-legit boilershop stock brokerage. He starts the book when he begins as a trainee and then jumps to having more millions than he needs.
He is a pretty despicable greed hound, Gordon Gecko, all that is bad in money grubbing capitalism and makes no apologies, except to explain some of it off as being due to his drug habits. But there are lots of druggies who don't commit such grand style larceny.
The book has a wave at introspection, but it isn't any more than a summer book for the Hamptons. Rightfully, the author should think Bing-hampton.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wolf of Wall Street.