Jennifer's Reviews > Jennifer Johnson Is Sick of Being Single

Jennifer Johnson Is Sick of Being Single by Heather McElhatton

Jun 16, 09

bookshelves: read-2009
Recommended to Jennifer by: Julia?
Recommended for: anyone who has thought, "And she found a husband?"
Read in June, 2009

Though there are echoes of Sarah Bird and Shannon Olsen here, this novel by Heather Mcelhatton strikes out in an interesting direction--what if, after many years, your dream of finding the "perfect" guy actually started to come true. At turns laugh out loud funny and excrutiatingly embarrassing, this novel tells the story of Jennifer Johnson, who as the title suggests is really tired of being single. Like many novels of this type, there is the dead end job, the gay best friend, and some really awful internet-spawned dating moments, but there's also some moments that feel so real that you want to look away. Of course, an added bonus for me is lots of Minneapolis name-dropping but not so much that somebody who's never lived in the Twin Cities would feel disoriented.

I gulped this book down like a big glass of water and now I'm dying to talk about the ending with my "Carleton" goodreads friends. Hurry up and read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jennifer Johnson Is Sick of Being Single.