Josh's Reviews > The Programme, Vol. 1

The Programme, Vol. 1 by Peter Milligan

Jun 02, 09

bookshelves: comics
Read in May, 2009

While this is another "real-world" superhero tale, it doesn't really spend too much time dwelling on that. It's a pretty sharp, concise, and cool limited series with sweet artwork by C.P. Smith.
I've always liked Peter Milligan, and will generally give him a chance, though I feel like his opus is, and will always be, his run on X-Force/X-Statix. I always forget how good that was. It may be one of my favorite in-continuity runs ever. But the fact is, he's definitely part of the UK B-team, right along with Jamie Delano, Mike Carey and Andy Diggle (your A-team being Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Grant Morrison, Warren Ellis, Garth Ennis), the big difference being that Milligan's work is only made that much better by incredible artist pairings with plenty of bold, creator-owned work (rather than just picking up on series where the above listed A-teamers leave off). This is no exception. And if you're looking for something short that has a pretty good bang to buck ratio, "The Programme" is a good place to be. 2 volumes, 12 issues, self-contained, cool story, looks great, 'nuff said.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Programme, Vol. 1.