Pierluigi Riti's Reviews > Lift Web Applications How to

Lift Web Applications How to by Torsten Uhlmann

U_50x66
Mar 01, 13

Read on March 01, 2013

I had the great pleasure to review the book "Instant Lift Web Applications" published by Packt Publishing, of course the book reaffirms the quality of the publishing house; easily legible and in my opinion centered in the middle of the goal to give the reader the possibility Lift to use in fast and straightforward mode. Ideally we can divide the book into two parts. The first part is an introduction to Lift and most importantly guides the reader by providing useful tools that serve to determine whether Lift is the right tool for him or not. I find this very important part because allows to understand the real needs and the actual usage of the Framework.
Personally, in my work I often found myself in the position of having to explain why choose a framework in place of another, and it’s always difficult to convince the management in a precise and accurate and at the end you choose more for "fashion" that to real needs.
The second part of the book presents a series of applications that guide the reader through an understanding of what is Lift and how you can use in their own work, the chapters are very short and they all have a structure that allows a quick comparison with other frameworks which allows us to understand the main differences between Lift and other frameworks of this type, such as Ruby on Rails, the book goes on to offer a series of examples of simple level, intermediate and advanced.
Advantage of the book is to cover all the areas of interest of a Web application in a few pages throughout the book is long only 97 pages!! You can easily read in a weekend, the code presented is essential and perfectly presented enabling you to understand exactly what you will achieve and why.
Ultimately I find it a very good book for anyone working with Lift, an useful reference to keep handy on their desk, or in your e-reader.

PRO

Simplicity to reading
Clear and coincise answer
Immediate for consultating

VERSUS

The book refers to an author GitHub, but that does not exist this can frighten the inexperienced reader

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lift Web Applications How to.