Shawna's Reviews > Hot as Sin

Hot as Sin by Bella Andre

4 stars – Romantic Suspense

I’m a sucker for romance stories featuring hot firefighter heroes, and after being somewhat disappointed with Wild Heat, the first book in Andre’s Hot Shots: Men of Fire series, I was hoping for a bit more from this second installment. But unfortunately, Hot as Sin doesn’t quite live up to its full potential either.

On the surface it’s got everything going for it to be a five star read: an extremely sexy cover, a ‘hot-as-sin’ wildland firefighter hero, a strong, determined heroine, a reunion romance theme, loads of action, plenty of angst and drama, and several steamy sex scenes, but just like in Wild Heat, it’s the contrived, weak, and rather outlandish suspense plot that just doesn’t really work. The villain in the story is so completely over the top and inexplicably insane that the suspense element misses the mark and comes across as unrealistic and silly instead of intense or gripping like it’s aiming for.

Luckily, the explosive sexual tension and rocky romance between Sam and Dianna (and the smokin’ hot love scenes) held my attention and kept my interest throughout the story. I still plan to read the upcoming book in the series, Never Too Hot, which is Connor’s story, but I just hope the plot does the yummy firefighter a bit better justice next time around. 4 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hot as Sin.

message 1: by Dina (new)

Dina Great review, Shawna! Here's hoping 3rd time is the charm and Connor's story is the winner you're waiting for. :)

Shawna Thanks Dina! I hope so!

message 3: by Rane (new)

Rane Awesome Review Shawna!

Auntee Great review Shawna! I loved Sam and Dianna, but I kept wishing they had different names. I kept thinking Sam and Diane from "Cheers".:(

Shawna Thanks Rane and Auntee!

Auntee wrote: "Great review Shawna! I loved Sam and Dianna, but I kept wishing they had different names. I kept thinking Sam and Diane from "Cheers".:("

LOL! I didn't think of that, but anytime a character has the name Diane or Diana, I always find myself humming John Cougar Mellencamp’s song “Jack and Diane”. So in this case, I kept singing “Sam and Diane” in my head.

Auntee Shawna wrote: "Thanks Rane and Auntee!

LOL! I didn'..."

LOL! That could really interfere with your concentration!:)