Lisa Johnson's Reviews > A Wedding Date in Hot Springs, Arkansas

Author: Annalisa Daughety
Pages: 311
Year: 2012
Publisher: Barbour Publishing
Jackson and Violet really did not get along in college. Due to his pranks and half-hearted efforts, he caused her to graduate a semester late and embarrassed her in front of her friends. She did go to law school afterwards, graduate, and join the family law firm. Jackson also went to graduate school and then got a job in economic development. Both end up in Hot Springs, Arkansas, although they don’t know it.
Jackson has been nominated for an award with a banquet to attend. Violet’s sister is getting married and she refuses to go without a date. She will not be seen as the older spinster sister to be pitied! Both go to the same matchmaker, unbeknownst to each other, and she matches them up together. A date is set up for lunch to initially meet their “match”, but they don’t know what their date looks like. They are both taken aback to say the least. They eventually agree to a contract of four months of “dating”. Jackson will pretend to be her boyfriend and Violet will pretend to be his girlfriend. At the end of the contract, they will both go their separate ways. There will be no risk to either of them as no feelings will be involved. They both will get people off their backs that have been pestering them to settle down.
Violet also has quit her job at the family law firm and is getting ready to open her own cupcake store. Baking has been a passion of hers for a long time, but she wanted to please her parents by joining the family law firm so she put that interest on the backburner. At the age of 33, she is just beginning to realize it is okay to pursue your interests. God made each of us different. We are not to try and be something we’re not.
Jackson has changed a lot since college and tries to make amends to Violet about their past. He and Violet are both Christians, attend church, and he even teaches a Bible study. Violet wonders though if he has truly changed. They both begin to have real feelings for one another despite their contract. Can they have a real relationship? Can Violet truly forgive Jackson? Will Violet’s new business venture be a success or will she be forced to return to being a lawyer?
This is a charming story. We see Violet mentor a teenage girl, encourages her best friend through her marriage troubles and the decision to go back to work. Jackson encourages Violet and takes responsibility for his past deeds. We see relationships go through real-life problems and characters learn that it is best not to have secrets and be honest. I just found this story so engaging!
My rating is 5 stars.
Note: I received a complimentary copy for an honest review of this book. The opinions shared in this review are solely my responsibility. Other reviews can be read at http://seekingwithallyurheart.blogspo... . Also follow me on Twitter @lcjohnson1988, FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/lisa.johnson...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wedding Date in Hot Springs, Arkansas.