Jenny K.'s Reviews > The Basenji Revelation

The Basenji Revelation by Simon Cleveland, Ph.D.

F_50x66
May 03, 09

Read in August, 2006

A friend of mine gave me a copy of the Basenji Revelation recently. He wanted my opinion on it. I'm not accustomed to reading unknown authors and refused, but he bet me I wouldn't put it down. I lost the bet. I read the book in one seating. I haven¿t read a more captivating description of the suburbia¿s psyche. The main character could have been me. Then the bizarre occurrences started. They shocked me. They amused me. They evolved over time to engulf the misery of Johanek's daily life. Books about Egypt are my favorite and a novel with richness of references and descriptions of Egyptian religious symbolism is rare to find. I liked the Da Vinci Code, but Brown¿s symbolism is no where near Simon Cleveland¿s. The author has even gone as far as to trace the Egyptian mythology to its ancient African roots. Action-adventure lovers, horror lover, psychological thriller lovers, ya¿ll will be entertained by this novel. You¿ll find yourself in Pharaoh¿s tomb, on an archaeological expedition to the heart of Equatorial Africa and then in the life beyond. But wait till the surprising twist at the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Basenji Revelation.