Bethany Andrews's Reviews > 102 Minutes: The Untold Story of the Fight to Survive Inside the Twin Towers

102 Minutes by Jim Dwyer

Sep 01, 2007

did not like it
bookshelves: nonfiction
Read in May, 2006

Sad to report that I can't finish this book. Well, I guess I could..but I'm not going to. I made a moral decision not to read books about the 9-11 incident..I feel like some people were just trying to make a buck off a tradgedy, but writing politically biased crap and selling it...but I decided to read this one because it was about the fight to survive inside the towers..

It is about the fight to survive..but its also a big huge finger pointed at everyone who screwed up in anyway related to the building and maintenece of the twin towers. I read the first 150 pages and I'm bored senseless. I can't finish it. I never do this, not finish something I started..but I just can't make myself keep reading it. There are blurbs, taken from testimony from survivors, from loved ones who received phone calls from those trapped inside..but this is interspersed with boring details of how the towers were built, who did or didn't do enough evacuation drills, who did or didn't take short cuts with the alarm systems to save a buck..I get it you know, people screwed up..but pointing fingers after the fact isn't productive..

The cover told me this would be an untold story of the fight to survive inside the twin towers..it wasn't. Don't read it, unless you care what the floors were made of..

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 102 Minutes.

08/08 marked as: read

Steve pointing fingers is exactly what we need to do - this could have been prevented and many lives coul dhave been saved. avoiding something because it doesn't fall in your political parties reading list is irresponsible.