Dan Schwent 's Reviews > Hunt Through the Cradle of Fear

Hunt Through the Cradle of Fear by Gabriel Hunt

May 23, 13

bookshelves: pulp
Read in August, 2009

Gabriel Hunt goes on a scavenger hunt across Europe and Asia, with a dastardly billionaire on his tail, in search of treasure. What do a chamber below the Sphinx in Egypt, a temple to Homer on a Greek Island, and a cavern in a mountain in Sri Lanka have in common? And what is the mysterious treasure of the Cradle of Fear?

I have to admit that I had my doubts at the beginning of Hunt Through Cradle of Fear. The first Gabriel Hunt book was good but not great and Hunt Through the Cradle of Fear started off slow. Once the story picked up and the John Williams soundtrack started playing in my head, I was hooked.

Gabriel Hunt continues his Indiana Jones/Doc Savage/James Bond adventures in this tale. Lajos, the Hungarian billionaire, proved to be a good foil for Hunt in their race to the Cradle of Fear. While I knew Hunt wasn't going to die, he sure went through hell. The exotic locales were even better than the lost city from the first Gabriel Hunt story.

To sum it up, if you're looking for a good adventure story with plenty of suspense and action, look no further. Gabriel Hunt has your fix ready and at an affordable price.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunt Through the Cradle of Fear.

08/17/2009 page 0
show 12 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Randy Good one, isn't it?

message 2: by Dan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dan Schwent I'm enjoying it. Charles Ardai is a lot better writer than he gets credit for.

Randy I read an electronic copy of the next book in the series sent by Ardai. The quality has held up through three volumes so far. I know only six have been planned, but I hope they do well enough to extend the series.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I definitely need to read these books. I love Indiana Jones-style adventure.

message 5: by Mohammed (new)

Mohammed This sounds good i adored the first book for the fun it was but thought action wise it could have been near the end,ending.

Nice to see it gets better.

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I know a Gabriel Hunt....he's a caricature artist with a missing finger. Probably not the same guy :)

Randy Stephanie wrote: "I know a Gabriel Hunt....he's a caricature artist with a missing finger. Probably not the same guy :)"

Gabriel Hunt is a character in six novels. The name is used as an author pseudonym by the writers(six different) that wrote them.

message 8: by Dan (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dan Schwent Stephanie wrote: "I know a Gabriel Hunt....he's a caricature artist with a missing finger. Probably not the same guy :)"

He probably lost the finger on one of his globetrotting adventures.

message 9: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Randy wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I know a Gabriel Hunt....he's a caricature artist with a missing finger. Probably not the same guy :)"

Gabriel Hunt is a character in six novels. The name is used as an author ps..."

Thanks. I was confused a little by the fact that Gabe had no author profile....then I thought it must be something like that.

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Dan wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "I know a Gabriel Hunt....he's a caricature artist with a missing finger. Probably not the same guy :)"

He probably lost the finger on one of his globetrotting adventures."

Seriously.....knowing Gabe, it's completely plausible. He's a wild man.