Tracy's Reviews > The Halloween Tree

The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury

Overall, I enjoyed reading this Halloween tale of Ray Bradbury's. At first I was delighted and excited by the prose and the plot, but in the middle some of the plot dragged, and I started to think of the story as much too dated. But then the story ended strongly.

I had seen a movie version of this in 1993, a cartoon that had 3 boys and a girl traveling with Mr. Moundshroud trying to find Pipkin, and I feel that I prefer the movie to the book. Still, I'm glad I got the chance to read the book and that I pushed myself to finish it. Since it's only 181 pages (with several illustrations taking up whole pages), it seems silly not to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Halloween Tree.

06/08/2009 page 18
04/05/2013 page 60
32.0% "Found myself thinking about this one day. I've wanted to read the book ever since I saw the Halloween Tree cartoon movie from 1993."
04/08/2013 page 113
62.0% "I just want to finish this asap. It was fun at first but unfortunately it feels so dated. I first saw the cartoon movie in 1993 and loved it and now am finally reading the book, but I almost think I think the movie a little better. Not that book isn't worth reading though."
04/10/2013 page 136
74.0% "Pushing myself to finish this."
show 9 hidden updates…