Christy's Reviews > The Tied Man

The Tied Man by Tabitha McGowan

Mar 16, 2013

bookshelves: abuse, angst, emotional, favorites, forbidden-love, made-me-cry, messed-up-reads, mind-fucks, unforgettable-reads, some-m-m-or-m-f-m
Read from March 14 to 15, 2013

5 Phenomenal Stars!!!!!

This is not an easy book to review... It wasn’t an easy book to read. All of the heartbreak and devastation was worth it. Such a beautiful story with characters you will fall in love with, and other characters you will despise. Here goes nothing...

This was a story about an artist named Lilith
 photo 531c7e28-8724-4cda-9b1b-af18a283f123_zps58f6cbaa.jpg

Lilith gets stuck doing a work of art for Lady Blaine Albermarle. While there, she meets Finn Strachan.

The very first time I met him, Finn Strachan stole my breath.
 photo 3cd19299-0fb2-44b8-b273-1ce367952713_zps4bfb570e.jpg
“Just out of interest, what did you make of my Finn?”

“Probably the most beautiful man I’ve ever seen.”

Finn is living as Blaine’s ‘companion’ but thats not the whole story... Finn is trapped. He is pretty much forced to do whatever Blaine and her guests want and if he doesn’t there are consequences.

photo fa307f65-8b24-40bc-9745-3e06a297a2ad_zpsb90a0d35.jpg

This doesn’t sit well with Lili. She and Finn develop a friendship. Blaine is not happy that Lili won’t give in to her, but she won’t take advantage of Finn. Finn only does what he does because he has to. Blaine has this way of manipulating everyone. (view spoiler)

“Y’ know what my job is, huh? It’s to say ‘Yes’ and keep saying it until whoever’s paying decides they’ve had enough. It doesn’t matter if I’m not happy, or if it disgusts me, or even if it hurts like I’d rather fucking die. So deal with it. I have to.”

Finn will break your heart. I had to take frequent breaks while reading this, it all got to be too much for me. If you are anything like me, there will be tears and wine involved.

Lili wants nothing more than to help Finn. She develops stronger feelings for him and feels her control slipping. Soon, Blaine realizes this and uses it against her.

photo db34134f-91cc-4819-8b0b-b2610106cdb1_zps7b8dec52.jpg

Lilith knows there is something special about Finn, and if he is forced to continue this life, it will break him. He deserves so much more than the hand he has been dealt.

“You deserve better.”

“Lili- no ones ever done anything like this for me. Ever. Are you hearing me? I sure as hell know I wouldn’t have taken the risks you did today just for a whore.”

“Don’t say that.”

“It’s what I am.”

“It’s what she makes you do. It’s not who you are.”

Finn is broken, but Lili gives him strength. I will never forget these two... such memorable characters. Lili is strong and independent. I really loved how she handled things, especially at the end. She never gave up on Finn. Finn was sweet, kind, and funny. He was also helpless, hopeless and depressed. Lili gave him help, hope and happiness. Such a beautiful story.

photo 8857d810-e804-4bc9-bb6e-c6a7aa8fb718_zps5d938f19.jpg

I can guarantee that as much as you love Lilith and Finn (and you will LOVE Lili and Finn) you will HATE Blaine. Worst, most terribly disgusting character ever! Tabitha really knows how to right a villain!!! Coyle is a second runner up... they are both all kinds of awful!

While reading, you will have to repeat this to yourself over and over, I found myself constantly forgetting:
 photo GIFS5_zpsc0900bb7.jpg

This one gutted me. Parts of this book, I felt destroyed. I stayed up half the night reading, then I had trouble sleeping because I couldn’t get Finn and Lilith out of my head. It was terrible. One of the most intense books I have ever read. This book made me feel... I don’t even know how to describe it.
 photo gif-eos1_zps7d86dbab.gif
I do know that I will be recommending it to everyone! It is a must read, and towards the top of my favorites shelf!

My favorite line in the book....
 photo 28d2d161-e2c0-4bd2-a08f-f270b4c94d97_zps77f7be15.jpg

My ONLY complaint about this book has now been deemed useless... I was going to say, even though I loved the ending, I wish we would have gotten an epilogue or something, but now there is a second book coming out which is even better!!! If you haven’t picked this one up, you need to!!!

photo d5d1b9c7-97f0-49eb-8607-85466d0b4ed0_zpsb7c43ecf.jpg
69 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Tied Man.

27.0% "My heart is breaking for Finn..." 3 comments
03/14
42.0% "I haven't hated a character as much as I hate Blaine in a LONG TIME!!!!!
 photo GIFS7_zps87aa0a42.gif" 5 comments
03/14
52.0% "This is getting to be a little too much for me...I love Finn and its making me sick reading this part." 3 comments
03/14
72.0% "Going to bed for real this time... I can't handle anymore of this book tonight...
 photo gif-eos1_zps7d86dbab.gif" 13 comments
01/30 marked as: read

Serena Can't wait to read this one..looking forward to seeing your review :)

Christy Love it!!!

message 3: by Toni (new) - added it

Toni Consider me intrigued! This one is getting pushed to the top of my TBR! If it causes this much emotion its a book I MUST read.

Christy Its killing me Toni! I haven't been this effected by a character in a while

Desiree Sounds like a good read. :)

Christy Desiree wrote: "Sounds like a good read. :)"

It's so good! Just really intense!

Desiree Christy wrote: "Desiree wrote: "Sounds like a good read. :)"

It's so good! Just really intense!"

Those are my favorite kind of reads. I can't wait to read your opinion on this one. :))

Kara I need more hours in the day! I have to finish Gone Girl!

Christy You will get to it girl!

message 10: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha McGowan *So* glad you enjoyed this! Fab gifs, and excellent summary. Looking forward to your review. Tabitha x

Christy It was excellent! I just have to collect my thoughts before I can review!!!

message 12: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha McGowan Oh, this is just fucking *immense*. Thank you so much for the time and creativity and heart you've put into this review. Seriously, I've just raised a *mahoosive* glass of pink wine to you and your response. The accompanying pictures are amazing, and I'm going to save all of those little bastards and put them in a 'LOOK AT THIS WHEN YOU'RE SICK OF WRITING, STUPID!' folder so I can kick myself up the arse and get writing again. It's weird and wonderful and crazy to see my own words in an entirely different context, and... well, you're just a bit fab. So thank you. Again. :D

message 13: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha McGowan And oh my God that picture of the naked bloke smoking a fag is threatening to send me over the edge. I think I need to open a window.

message 14: by Christy (last edited Mar 16, 2013 01:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christy Tabitha wrote: "And oh my God that picture of the naked bloke smoking a fag is threatening to send me over the edge. I think I need to open a window."

Thanks so much for the complements!

The guy smoking- I just love it! That is so Finn to me :D

message 15: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha McGowan Christy wrote: "Tabitha wrote: "And oh my God that picture of the naked bloke smoking a fag is threatening to send me over the edge. I think I need to open a window."

Thanks so much for the complements!

The guy..."

And me. Bloody spot on, love!

message 16: by Ya~ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ya~ Great review! The vilians are so horrible that I want to jump into the book to rescue Finn!

Christy Thanks much Ya! I know exactly how you feel... I wanted to jump in and do them some bodily harm lol ;-)

Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* Great review Christy!!! x

message 19: by Ya~ (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ya~ Though it is light weight in the romantic department between the two, their bond to survive is heartwarming and sweet. :D

Christy Rosalinda wrote: "Great review Christy!!! x"

Thank you dear! :D

Christy Ya wrote: "Though it is light weight in the romantic department between the two, their bond to survive is heartwarming and sweet. :D"

Yes! I loved the two of them together!

Monika What a wonderful review Christy... Ooohhhh I'm scared now....

Blacky *Romance Addict* Amazing review Christy!

Christy Monika wrote: "What a wonderful review Christy... Ooohhhh I'm scared now...."

Thank you Monkia! Don't be scared... If you need to talk or need support while reading this one, you can message me lol! Its SO GOOD!!!

Christy Blacky wrote: "Amazing review Christy!"

Thank you Blacky!! :D

Debra Awesome review, Christy!!! Moving this one up on my TBR :-)

Lise *friends don't flag* Christy, this review is outstanding... I love it!

message 28: by Katina (new)

Katina Wow, great review!!

Christy Debra wrote: "Awesome review, Christy!!! Moving this one up on my TBR :-)"

Thanks Debra! Yay! Bump it up! I loved it :D

Christy Lise wrote: "Christy, this review is outstanding... I love it!"

Christy Katina wrote: "Wow, great review!!"

Thanks Katina!! :D

Monika Christy wrote: "Monika wrote: "What a wonderful review Christy... Ooohhhh I'm scared now...."

Oh... I need you to hold my hand when I'm reading this...

Christy Haha I'm here for ya babe!

Joanne Inglis Fab review!! I love your posters! May I post a few on Tumblr? I will, of course, credit you and even link to this review if you'd like. They are too good not to share. x

Christy Thanks Jonanne! Help yourself :D

message 36: by Melissa (new) - added it

Melissa Amazing Just amazing. One of my favorite I have read from you. Great job!!!

Christy Melissa wrote: "Amazing Just amazing. One of my favorite I have read from you. Great job!!!"

Thank you so much Melissa!!! This was one of my favorite books so far this year!!! :D

message 38: by Jona (new) - added it

Jona Great review Christy! Is there a happy ending for Lilith and Finn?

Christy Thanks Jona! The ending was happy, but I felt it was cut a little short- that is why I am SO HAPPY there is a second book :-)

message 40: by Jona (new) - added it

Jona Christy wrote: "Thanks Jona! The ending was happy, but I felt it was cut a little short- that is why I am SO HAPPY there is a second book :-)"

Do you know when is the second book coming out?

Christy Not sure... I think the author is working on it now!

message 42: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Wonderful review! :)

Christy Thanks Lisa!!! ;D

message 44: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Camargo Wow love this review! Seriously, it just made me want to put everything else aside and start reading it now!

Christy Thanks Sarah!!! You should :-) its one of my new favorites- SO GOOD!!!

message 46: by Tabitha (new)

Tabitha McGowan I think your pic is my Lilith - I keep getting drawn back!

Christy Tabitha wrote: "I think your pic is my Lilith - I keep getting drawn back!"

:D It's the eyes! and the black hair... I saw her in a tv show a while ago and she was just Lilith while I was reading!

Christy Soraya Naomi wrote: "beautiful review babe, I just finished and I can't form a coherent sentence..."

Thank you dear!!! I know!!!! It's been almost a week since I've finished and I'm STILL thinking about it! And trying to get all my friends to read it! :D

Gerry Fantastic review Christy, and loving the pictures, it's just how you expect Lilith and Finn to look. It's so nice to put a picture to the characters in the book X

Christy Thanks Gerry! Not sure why I am just now seeing your comment lol! I just loved this book!

« previous 1