Will Byrnes's Reviews > Tea Time for the Traditionally Built

Tea Time for the Traditionally Built by Alexander McCall Smith

May 02, 2009

liked it
Read in April, 2009

The 10th in the series, if you are reading this you are already a fan. Smith maintains the same delightful level offered in the prior nine. The central mystery here concerns a soccer team and whether or not someone is throwing games. Mma Makutsi faces a personal challenge as an old rival attempts to insinuate herself between Makutsi and her fiancée. Mma Rawotswe must come to grips with the likely demise of her beloved van. Along the way we meet more of the fascinating characters that populate Smith’s Botswana and paint a loving portrait of that nation. If the other books in the series were not your cup of bush tea, pass, but if you enjoyed what came before settle in with another cup and enjoy.

It does not hurt that the wonderful HBO production of these stories has given us a few wonderfully cast faces to keep in mind as we read.

Just in case you are new to the series. I would stop, go back and read The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. It makes a difference seeing the characters develop over the volumes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tea Time for the Traditionally Built.

03/04/2016 marked as: read