Abby's Reviews > Disney after Dark

Disney after Dark by Ridley Pearson

May 09, 09

Read in May, 2009

** spoiler alert ** This book had great potential, but I didn't see that potential exploited. The whole idea of Disney characters coming to life, and of normal people being a part of the fantasy character world was great. I love the concept, and even the story was decent, but too many things were incongruent, too many things did not make sense.
First of all, I could not stand how ignorant the main character seemed at times. A character would do something to arouse his suspicions and make him distrustful, but the next day he would treat them like they were his best friend. Likewise a person could prove to be loyal to him, but he would get all suspicious for little reason. And another thing, how is Malificent alive? She died in the movie. Another thing, at the begining we see a bunch of characters: Goofy, Chip and Dale, Tigger. What happened to them, and why don't they help? And who was the random biker who tried to kill the hero and then disappeared? There were too many little things that bugged me for me to truly enjoy the book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Disney after Dark.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ethan (last edited May 07, 2010 04:04PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ethan The "random biker" was Jezebel (Jess). You didn't get that?

Ethan Another one. Malificent is alive because the characters in the park are from ATTRACTIONS... not from the movies. Malificent has an exhibit in MGM Studios, so she is in the park. Up your rating to a three NOW.

message 3: by Abby (last edited May 08, 2010 07:22PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Abby OK, but what about the main character being so fickle? And what about all of the good Disney characters who didn't help in the battle against evil? The plot just wasn't very well thought out, in my opinion. You may rate the book with however stars you choose, but I feel my reasons for only two stars are perfectly valid. I say this with the greatest respect, and, Ethan, I admire your enthusiasm.

Ethan Ok, ok. Maybe the characters weren't that solid, but I still think that it deserves more than a two. But I'll stop bothering you now. :)

Drew Graham "Jess"... Yeah, that distinction sort of fell apart by the second book. I totally forgot about the biker! Just another reason why the writing is so sloppy. These stories are a big mess.