Janna's Reviews > A Vote of Confidence

A Vote of Confidence by Robin Lee Hatcher

May 01, 2009

Robin Lee Hatcher is such a diverse writer. She encompasses so many different genres and her books are just a pleasure to read. One of my all time favorites books is Robin's book "Ribbon of Years" for the originality she uses in her writing style. A good example of women's fiction is her recent book "A Perfect Life", but "A Vote of Confidence" looked different than anything I had previously read by Robin so I was excited to see what it would bring to the table. Here again Robin shows her diversity in styles as she presents a book that takes us back in time and introduces us to a single woman in a time when women have the right to vote, but that is about it. Gwen gets challenged to run for mayor and even though it has never happened... anywhere... she decides to go ahead and run. The initial reason is that the only person running for mayor was the town drunk. At the same time that Gwen decides to run, another person throws their hat in the ring. He is a new person to the area and is trying to start a new business in the area. Lo and behold Gwen finds herself falling for her opponent. That can never work... can it?

A fun read in the same vein as Deeanne Gist or Cathy Marie Hake... I really enjoyed this book - a new winner from Robin Lee Hatcher!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Vote of Confidence.