Jill's Reviews > School Spirit

School Spirit by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel

May 11, 09

bookshelves: 6th-grade, 7th-grade, j-fic, j-fic-girl, fantasy, 5th-grade, j-fic-ghost-stories
Read in April, 2009

It's ghost whisperer for kids! I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the next one. Not as meaty as Cabot's Mediator series, but it's perfect for the age group.

Here's what I'll say in my booktalk:

What would you do if you suddenly started seeing people that aren't really there? Would you think you were going crazy? Seeing things? You wouldn't if you were Kat--you'd know that you'd inherited the gift of seeing ghosts. With a mother for a medium, Kat knows what's in store for her and she's pretty sure she doesn't want to have anything to do it. Middle school is hard enough and Kat just wants to fit in, not be known as the school freak. Unfortunately for her, the spirit that is trapped in her school has other ideas. She needs help and turns to Kat and Kat's new best friend for it. Will Kat be able to deal with her new ability or will she turn her back on it? Find out in School Spirit, the 1st in the Suddenly Supernatural series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read School Spirit.