Nenette's Reviews > There's No Place Like Here

There's No Place Like Here by Cecelia Ahern

Jun 26, 09

Read in June, 2009

** spoiler alert ** It took me almost a week to finish this lovely book – It would have taken me 2 or 3 days to finish if I wasn’t juggling it with watching a favorite TV series.

It started out kinda slow and weird, but it got better in the middle part and towards the end.

The story talks about being lost, and being found. If one will get past the fantasy part of the story, that there is a place where lost things and lost people end up on, one will catch the real message, and that was aptly put together in the last paragraph of this novel: “We all get lost once in a while, sometimes by choice, sometimes due to forces beyond our control. When we learn what it is our soul needs to learn, the path presents itself. Sometimes we see the way out but wander farther and deeper despite ourselves; the fear, the anger, or the sadness preventing us from returning. Sometimes we prefer to be lost and wandering; sometimes it’s easier. Sometimes we find our own way out. But regardless, always, we are found”.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read There's No Place Like Here.