Tatiana's Reviews > Succubus on Top

Succubus on Top by Richelle Mead

Jun 09, 11

bookshelves: 2009, urban-fantasy, 2011, tres-annoying
Read from June 06 to 09, 2011

Although I am a little bit disappointed in Georgina (I'll elaborate later), this book still deserves 4 stars.

In the second book of the series Georgina continues her adventures. Her close friend and fellow incubus Bastien is visiting and needs her help in seducing a conservative figure; Doug is involved with some strange people and acts unlike himself; finally, Georgina now has a mortal boyfriend with whom she can't be intimate.

Once again, Richelle Mead delivers engaging and entertaining story, sexy, romantic and funny. However, I have to admit, this book was a little thin on mystery. There was no convincing build-up to discovery we saw in the first Georgina book. Nevertheless I am ready to forgive this.

What I can't forgive is Georgina's (view spoiler) I hope she will redeem herself in future books. Otherwise I don't think I will be able to like her as much as I liked her in the first book and continue on with the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus on Top.

06/07/2011 page 83
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily May (last edited Jun 06, 2011 12:39PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emily May I'm finally up-to-date with this series and, though I still enjoy the books, Georgina just cannot seem to put anything before sex. As you said, she betrays Seth in this book and then goes on to betray her friend later. Richelle Mead writes great smutty scenes but she sometimes seems to forget that other things are important.

Cheating and betrayal also seem to be common themes with her and I'm not a fan. I really hope I can muster up my original love for Georgina in Succubus Revealed.

Tatiana I like flawed characters, but only if they eventually learn to be better. Georgina never seems to be able to learn anything at all. She is a succubus and all that, but there have to be boundaries. Screwing a friend with not even an energy intake excuse when you have a boy-friend is just so damn wrong!

And Seth... What do you think of him at this point?

Emily May I'm not really sure... I don't like him as much as I did at first. When I started out I loved the fact that he wasn't just another typical bad boy that you tend to find in UF. Then he had to run off with Maddie, then cheat with Georgina... I no longer recognise that character I really liked originally.

Tatiana I feel like the only way I can forgive him is if I find out he was possessed by a demon during last couple of books, or something like that. His behavior was hard to take because I really believed he was a genuinely nice guy. I don't remember if I asked you, did you read a novella "City of Demons" about these two set between books 2 and 3? It really ruined Seth for me.

Emily May No... first time I've heard of it actually - should I just skip it?

Tatiana It was pretty good if you don't mind hating Seth more. If you want to read it, give me your email and I will send it to you.

message 7: by Emily May (last edited Jun 06, 2011 02:45PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emily May Sorry, there's a huge delay between comments posted and when I get the notification telling me. But, yeah, I'm going to have to read it now I know about it :) my email is emilymitchell91@ymail.com

EDIT: I've going to have to get something cool that I can send you soon, you keep doing me all the favours :D