Elena's Reviews > Anybody Out There?

Anybody Out There? by Marian Keyes

Apr 29, 09

Recommended for: Chick Lit Lovers
Read in January, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I was really in the mood for light reading. I love Marian Keyes, and finally picked this book up. It's another one of the Walsh sisters, going through one of life's dramas. The character is very likable, and the Walsh family is just as zany....but the subject matter is really sad. On the cover it says it is a surprising twist, but being an experienced reader, I started to predict what was to come....the main character's husband died unexpectedly, and she is in total denial in the first part of the book. You travel with her through the stages of grief, and you feel so sad for her, but at the same time it's really funny and not overly pathetic. She works for a zany make-up company caled Candy Grrl which helps in her recovery, and she is trying to find a way to communicate with Aidan her husband who passed. There is a little twist at the end, and the book ends on a hopeful note. something else to be forewarned about- if you don't like Irish lingo or think it will confuse you, this is not your book, but if you're a lover of British humor, you would love Marian Keyes.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Anybody Out There?.