Mary's Reviews > Distant Waves

Distant Waves by Suzanne Weyn

F 50x66
Apr 29, 09

Read in April, 2009

This is a book of imagination. Those lacking imagination will be annoyed by it but those open to the world of possibility will be thrilled. The opening attribution from Hamlet lets you know what's in store. "There are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Suzanne Weyn captures the mind of a teen girl, Jane, trying to make sense of the various forces that make up her world. Is her mother's Spiritualist practice true, or is it fraud? Is the science of Nikola Telsa genius or insanity? Issues of race and class come into play. What is time? Can it be bent as genuises like Einstein, Tesla, and H.G. Wells conjectured? Or is it linear as the majority believe? Combined with all these ideas are fascinating and some little known historical facts and the story if five distinct sisters. Plus a great romance.

Readers who share Jane's hunger to know the world, will enjoy all the distnat waves crashing over them in this unique novel.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Distant Waves.

Funabbie16 awesome! I totally agree with u! I have tones of imagination and i have read this book like almost 5 times! Thats how much i love it! I especially love the romance! Romance is what i like to read about. I am working on a romance story now. I am not done yet. But i am getting there! U rock!