Shirley 's Reviews > Once a Brat

Once a Brat by Kim Dare

Feb 22, 13

Read on February 22, 2013

I'm rating this on the high end of 3 stars and to be fair, it's more a personal preference thing than an actual content thing. I guess it would be kind of strange to say that this is a cute story, since there probably isn't supposed to be anything cute about a Dom/Sub romance. Yet, that's what it was. Bret was not really naive, but not exactly experienced either. He was more a guy who knew what he wanted and went after it, annoyingly. As much as I liked him, I think that's what I didn't like about the whole concept of the story. The players didn't fit their parts. Marcus should have totally turned off by Bret and his constant talking and questioning, but he was just as attracted to Bret as Bret was to him. The whole attraction just didn't make sense, at least not to me. I think I may have liked it more if it would have been longer. I needed more time to get to know and sympathize with the characters. I did like Kim Dare's writing style, the characters in general and her sense of humor though. Once a Brat wasn't a bad novella and it kept me reading, I just wish I had a chance to get to know the characters a little bit better so I could relate to their attraction.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once a Brat.