Sandy Wolters's Reviews > The Seasons of My Soul

Book: The Seasons of My Soul
Author: Dannye Williamsen
Genre: Poetry
Length: Approximately 59 pages

Let me just start this review out by saying that I do not read poetry. I've never much cared for it, and I've never really understood it. I know that it touches many people, but it's never touched me. With that out of the way, one of my favorite authors, DANNYE WILLIAMSEN, has published THE SEASONS OF MY SOUL, a book of poetry that she's written throughout her life.

I picked this book up because I'm such a fan of Ms. Williamsen's paranormal reads. She has a beautiful writing style that keeps the reader captivated, so I thought I'd give it a go. I must say that I was more than pleasantly surprised by the poems in this book. Maybe it's because of the way they are presented. Ms. Williamsen makes this a very personal undertaking by describing events that were happening in her life when she stopped to take the time to write these poems. Maybe it's that format that made this such a beautiful read to me, why I was able to understand and feel the words so much more than other poetry I've tried to read. I was able to relate to many of the poems because all of us have found ourselves in many of the situations that Ms. Williamsen was in when taking pen to paper and writing these very thoughtful and at times heart wrenching thoughts about ebbs and flows in our lives.

The thing that made me happiest about this book of poems was the feeling I had after I read it. I was filled with hope that even though I may revert to my old way of thinking, there will come a time when I will be able to move forward again in a positive light.

Even if you are like me and do not normally read poetry, this is a wonderful read and I highly recommend it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seasons of My Soul.