Rebecca's Reviews > Curveball: Spies, Lies, and the Man Behind Them: How America Went to War in Iraq

Curveball by Bob Drogin

May 23, 2009

bookshelves: 2009, non-fiction, sbc-09
Read in May, 2009

I have to say I didn't know much about the WMD contreversoy before I read this book, and although this probably only covers a specific proportion I am shocked.

Three main factors came out of this book:
1. It had to be true because it proved them right
2. Give them what they want to hear
3. People hear what they want to hear

When you read through the book, parts in the first 3/4 I could find ammusing, even laugh at, but by time I finished it I was cranky becuase this is not an isolated case and what else that isn't publicised happens that we don't know about.

Those who think America was alone in his monumental piece of "creative" information will see the lin ks between them, the German's and the English, was well as those countries that followed them blindly into war.

And overall the theme of isolation, harrasment and intimidation of those who dared to question, even those who at some point were strong believers, was what did it for me. How can we make sure that we're doing the "right" thing if the people that question it (espcially those with evidence) are treated so poorly.

I recommend that you read it.

SBC: DH pick

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curveball.

05/14/2009 page 0
0.0% "SBC: DH pick - looks interesting!"
05/17/2009 page 104
30.32% "Finished section one "Munich", onto section two "Washington""
show 3 hidden updates…