Jennafhur's Reviews > The Center of the Universe: A Memoir

The Center of the Universe by Nancy Bachrach

May 28, 09

Read in May, 2009

I won this book on goodreads and it took me a while to start reading simply due to the fact that I was pissed off at FedEx for delivering it to a wrong house down the street, leaving it outside for a week where it was badly water damaged before picking it up and taking it to the right house. I decided not to raise hell over it as it was a gift after all, and still readable even though damaged pretty badly.

I found it to be an enjoyable read, very witty with a uniquely styled writing. One reviewer "felt Bachrach at times overburdened her reader with too much philosophizing". I completely disagree. That is exactly what held my interest and played an important part in her portrayal while bringing light to the darkness of what she has to share.

Although I don't agree that she falls along the lines of Sedaris and the like, I do believe that Bachrach will have her own fan following and recommend you give it a read. You can't knock it until you try it, right?
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Center of the Universe.