Elizabeth's Reviews > Twilight

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Apr 29, 2009

bookshelves: fiction
Read in April, 2009

I'm not going to give this book a rating, mostly because I don't want to incur the wrath of Twilight lovers. I've had too many friends tell me that this book was "crack." Well, I guess I'm immune. Twilight was...boring. It's easy to finish it quickly, especially since so many words are repeated, such as "good looking," but that doesn't mean that the plot is revolutionary, or even particularly stimulating. I don't understand why Edward captivates so many readers. All I know at this point is that he's "good-looking" and his eyes change color.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twilight.

04/28 page 375
07/19 marked as: read

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Economy do it! pull the trigger!

Daniel Don't forget that Edward also sparkles in the sunlight. Teenage girls apparently can't get enough of sparkly vampires.

message 3: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Toker Don't regret reading it - think of it as a boring sociological study. That's how I justify having started it, and having somehow pulled myself to the ending.

Sandra I read it only cause I needed a YA book for a challenge and I wanted to know what the fuss was about. I did read it long after the hype had faded, and it was as bad as I thought it was going to be ;)