Deborah Palmer's Reviews > Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think About Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment

Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man by Steve Harvey

2119968
Apr 28, 09

Read in April, 2009

This book was a quick read. Took me only about 2 days. He does make some valid points about how men differ from women and in my relationships I have found some of them to be true. For example when he states that men do not like to get into in depth discussions. This is true. Men are problem solvers. If you give them a problem they answer with a solution, whereas women like to vent, express their feelings and mull things over. Men do not do this. Guys are like, Here is the solution/answer, run with it, case closed. However the caveat for this book is that his target audience are women in their 20s and 30s who presumably want marriage and/or children. I'm 50 so at this point in my life I would welcome companionship maybe marriage if the circumstances were right. I must be able to be an individual and retain my autonomy. I don't plan on becoming a Stepford Wife. I know what it is to be swallowed up body, soul, & spirit by a man and never want that to happen again. It is not worth it to lose yourself just to gain another person who may or may not stay with you. I cannot offer a man children, because I am unable to have them plus I would not want to rear or be responsible for anyone elses kids. I enjoy being free from responsbility and the ability to come and go as I please and do what I want to do whenever I want to do it. That is why I never married in the first place. I am not domestic or maternal and I know this. I like kids but not all the time.

The 90 day rule is paramount. That every woman should follow to the tee no matter if you are 20, 30 40, or 50. No committment no benefits! Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man was a fun read and I would reccommend it to my young sisters looking for a mate.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man.

message 1: by A. (new) - added it

A. sounds like a good book!