Serri's Reviews > The Adventures of Johnny Bunko: The Last Career Guide You'll Ever Need

The Adventures of Johnny Bunko by Daniel H. Pink

Apr 28, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: business
Read in April, 2009

This book was recommended by my colleague's father, who is a college professor, and was particularly interesting to me on two levels.

First, Daniel Pink, author of A Whole New Mind, made a point of identifying six important skills sets that individuals will need to be successful in the future (Design, Story, Symphony, Empathy, Play, and Meaning--have to read the book to get the full understanding of each, but I highly recommend it). From a 30,000-foot view, Pink applied his own Whole New Mind theories in developing and writing Johnny Bunko. Johnny Bunko is a business book highlighting six essential lessons for thriving in the working world written in the Japanese comic format known as Manga.

Second, this book was clearly written for a millennial-aged audience so it was insightful to me from that aspect as well as the fact that this is the work force of tomorrow. I recommend reading these two books back-to-back or close together. Better yet, you can listen to the 1 hour summary of Whole New Mind through Audible.com and get all the key points from the Book Whole New Mind, then pick up Johnny Bunko which is a quick read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Adventures of Johnny Bunko.