Kellie's Reviews > Alcatraz Versus the Knights of Crystallia

Alcatraz Versus the Knights of Crystallia by Brandon Sanderson

Apr 28, 2009

liked it
Read in March, 2010

Nathan and I read these books together. We both really like this author and find these books to be very entertaining. Sanderson is really funny and has a very creative magic system in this series. I like how the storyline got more complicated in this book.

Alcatraz is a kid who has the magical talent of breaking things. It's true. His grandfather has the magical talent of being late. That would so bug me. But in the books, it's great. In this installment, Alcatraz is finally home and trying to figure out life outside of librarian controlled lands when he discovers the librarians are about to takeover one of the last of the free kingdoms.

The book was fast paced, hilarious, and is littered with fun characters that are easy to see in my head. I love that this book introduces a "recovering librarian."

My one big complaint in it would be the title. I guess it fits, but it still bugs me. Alcatraz is up against multiple Knights at only one time and it isn't in a way that fits the rest of the books, Alcatraz Vs. The Evil Librarians and Alcatraz Vs. the Scrivners Bones. In the end, he's really up against one knight and doesn't even fight the knight himself, as you can see on the cover.

Over all, it was a great, fun story and it's a series that I can't wait for Jeremy to be old enough to appreciate!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alcatraz Versus the Knights of Crystallia.