Anne's Reviews > Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

1720620
May 02, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: paranormal, romance, humor, read-in-2009, read-in-2012, nook, yummy-its-free, young-adult
Read in April, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I would have loved to give this book four stars, but the end of the book dropped it down to three. Not that the ending wasn't happy. (I love a happy ending!)
The beginning of the book was quite good and even had me giggling out loud a few times. The middle was a little more serious, but the romantic tension was still good. However, the last little bit of the book seemed totally out of sync with the rest of the story. Neither one of the main characters seeemed anything like the people I had been reading about in the previous chapters. It went from a funny, light, romantic, fluffy read to a dark and serious book. It didn't really switch gears slowly, either.
Having said all that, it was still a very enjoyable read. I believe this is Beth Fantasky's first book, so I'm sure she'll work out the kinks next time. I know I'll certainly give her another chance!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side.