Erica's Reviews > Dooley Takes the Fall

Dooley Takes the Fall by Norah McClintock

May 23, 11

bookshelves: ya, friend-recommended, 2011, mystery, boys
Recommended to Erica by: Kate Quealy-Gainer
Recommended for: teen boys who like mysteries, kids who like characters with sketchy past
Read from May 11 to 23, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Dooley finds a kid he knows of from school dead in a ravine. Things just get more complicated for Ryan Dooley from there. Rarely do we know so little about a character's past than we know of Dooley's. We know he spent time in a juvenile detention center but as the mystery unfolds about the dead kid Dooley found we also find out more about Dooley's shady past.

This had me on the edge of my seat and I was completely surprised by the ending. For me, Dooley reminded me a bit of a couple of Walter Dean Myer's characters who also have sketchy pasts but Dooley really is struggling to get his life back on track. And he's adamant that he wasn't involved in a crime that took place after a party he was at on a night he doesn't remember. It's his word against the rich kid's and his friends.

I was really intrigued by Dooley and may pick up another of McClintock's books about him.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dooley Takes the Fall.