Mary's Reviews > Face of Betrayal

702028
Apr 26, 09

bookshelves: mysteries, political
Read in April, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed this first mystery book from this author. Ms. Lis developed well defined characters, a believable plot and subplots, and kept me interested enough that I finished this book in two days along with all my other activities!
Not sure at first how much religion would be included in the book, I was pleasantly surprised that the story included very natural references to each characters spirituality without being overbearing - a good addition in making the characters more believable.

Full of information about law, politics, and law enforcement, Face of Betrayal was also a book of information. Having worked for a U.S. Senator for ten years, her knowledge of the Senate and the lives of Senators was accurate. The book kept an even keel on political preferences without sounding like any particular party.

The only suggestion I would have would be including the issue of domestic violence in another book. This is such a huge subject that it seemed to get pushed in among the pages and I think it could have been a plot or subplot of another story giving the subject the space it needs.

I highly recommend this book to any reader looking for a good mystery writing in a fresh way!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Face of Betrayal.