Ross Bussell's Reviews > Watchmen

Watchmen by Alan Moore

Apr 26, 09

bookshelves: graphic-novel, science-fiction, war-politics
Read in April, 2009

This book has been all the talk recently, and it seems like everybody who reads popular pieces has been picking this one up. I finally couldn't hold off anymore and decided to see what it was all about.

I understand how Watchmen is considered to be highly influential. I found myself tearing through it in just two sittings over the course of less than 12 hours. Politically and in terms of the circumstances of 1985, there's a lot here to dissect. For me, it was interesting at times, long winded at times, and somewhat chaotic to read. Overall I'm glad I read it, I can see how it's considered a masterpiece, but for me personally it was just good, not unbelievable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Watchmen.

Quotes Ross Liked

Alan Moore
Roschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985

Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face.

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown.

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No.”
Alan Moore, Watchmen