Megan's Reviews > Last Cavalier

Last Cavalier by Heather Graham Pozzessere

Jan 08, 10

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, contemporary-romance, time-travel, historical-romance
Recommended for: Heather Graham/Shannon Drake fans
Read in January, 2010

This was really a good book! It actually surprised me, even though it's by one of my favorite authors, for some reason I didn't think I was going to like it. This is my first romance I've read about the Civil War, and I really enjoyed it! I'm going to have to check out the other Civil War stories that Heather Graham/Shannon Drake have written!

First of all, I have to start off by saying that the time travel in this book is a bit of a stretch (but hey, when does time travel make sense in a romance novel anyway)? Second of all, while I love and study history as a hobby the Civil War is not one of my favorite periods of time in history. But, Ms. Graham does an excellent job!

The hero, Jason Tarkenton, a Colonel for the Confederate army, stumbles into 1993 to finds our heroine, Vickie Knox, dressed up in an appropriate period-style dress (which she wore for a reenactment). Of course Jason is convinced that Vickie is for the Union. However, they are instantly drawn to each other, and the chemistry between them is electric! The pair have to work hard in this novel to earn their HEA! Brought tears to my eyes at the end! If you are a Heather Graham/Shannon Drake fan then this is for you, whether you like Civil War romance stories or not!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Cavalier.

01/08/2010 page 55