Julie (jjmachshev)'s Reviews > On The Prowl

On The Prowl by Crystal Jordan

Jun 12, 2009

bookshelves: 2009-reads, erotica
Recommended to Julie (jjmachshev) by: Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Read in June, 2009

Mrrooww. "On the Prowl" is certainly a 'really hot book', just as it's described on the back cover! It's also a three-story anthology by Crystal Jordan about a family of werepanthers and what happens when they meet their mates.

"Undeniable" is the first and longest story--which makes sense since Jordan has to set up her world and its rules. Antonio is the new leader of the pride. Meeting his mate should be the best thing to happen to him, right? Well, there's just a couple of problems. She's an outcast who can't shift; and she's not about to let him sacrifice his position in the pride for their love. Silly girl.

"Irresistible" tells the tale of Miguel and Andrea. Miguel is Antonio's second and Andrea is Antonio's sister...should be a match made in panther-heaven. But Andrea still hasn't really recovered from a traumatic sexual attack; and Miguel's 'appetites' aren't exactly something she's willing to admit she needs.

"Indescribable" is the last story about the rowdy twins Ricardo and Diego and their struggle to compromise with 'their' mate Isabel. She's running from one panther who wants to own her...now she's got two!!

None of the stories are 'deep' or necessarily surprising...but they are all really, really hot. While it doesn't make the keeper shelf, it did entertain me during a long and boring flight from California to Georgia! This book contains graphic descriptions of sexual activities with one, two, and three people; including some partially shifted weres. If that will offend you, don't read the book!
6 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On The Prowl.

Shannon (Giraffe Days) I was just about to recommend this one to you! After Burning Wild, I thought this would be just the thing for you!

Julie (jjmachshev) Guess I'll have to break down and buy it this weekend then...
Thanks!!

message 3: by Rane (new)

Rane partially shifted weres? not yet human and not yet panthers having sex? <_<;

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura Awesome! I just bought this book yesterday. Thanks for the great review, Julie! It looked like it might be good, but now I know it is. ;)

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Author of Erotica and Paranormal Romance Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (excerpts from all of my novels)
http://laura-stamps8.livejournal.com (my naughty Author Blog/updated daily)

Julie (jjmachshev) Let me know what you think Laura!

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura Definitely. Thanks, Julie!

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Author of Erotica and Paranormal Romance Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (excerpts from all of my novels)
http://laura-stamps8.livejournal.com (my naughty Author Blog/updated daily)