Suede's Reviews > One L: The Turbulent True Story of a First Year at Harvard Law School

One L by Scott Turow

U_50x66
Sep 05, 07

bookshelves: wouldgiveaway
Read in August, 2007

bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch

Please. This was tiresome. This guy seemed to think going to Harvard Law School was going to be like playing musical chairs, where everyone got a chair. I mean, not only is it law school, but it's Harvard. And he's shocked that everyone is overly competitive and a little bit whacked out because of it. Even though the class load was rough, he was still able to manage to get 6 hours of sleep most nights, and only pulled one all nighter (I know, Amy. I died a little inside when I read that too.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One L.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy Only one all-nighter, and he managed to become not only an undoubtedly well-paid lawyer, but also a bestselling author many times over. Where the hell did we go wrong, Liz?

Suede I believe the correct question is where did we NOT go wrong. Every decision I've made in the past 3 years was wrong.

message 3: by BT (new) - rated it 4 stars

BT Whatever. Lawyers are way underpaid.

message 4: by BT (new) - rated it 4 stars

BT Wait, WE GOT MARRIED IN THE LAST THREE YEARS (I think).