Suede's Reviews > One L: The Turbulent True Story of a First Year at Harvard Law School

One L by Scott Turow

U 50x66
Aug 30, 2007

did not like it
bookshelves: wouldgiveaway
Read in August, 2007

bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch

Please. This was tiresome. This guy seemed to think going to Harvard Law School was going to be like playing musical chairs, where everyone got a chair. I mean, not only is it law school, but it's Harvard. And he's shocked that everyone is overly competitive and a little bit whacked out because of it. Even though the class load was rough, he was still able to manage to get 6 hours of sleep most nights, and only pulled one all nighter (I know, Amy. I died a little inside when I read that too.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One L.

message 1: by Amy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:20PM) (new)

Amy Only one all-nighter, and he managed to become not only an undoubtedly well-paid lawyer, but also a bestselling author many times over. Where the hell did we go wrong, Liz?

message 2: by Suede (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:21PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Suede I believe the correct question is where did we NOT go wrong. Every decision I've made in the past 3 years was wrong.

message 3: by BT (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

BT Whatever. Lawyers are way underpaid.

message 4: by BT (last edited Aug 25, 2016 12:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

BT Wait, WE GOT MARRIED IN THE LAST THREE YEARS (I think).

message 5: by Thornfield (new)

Thornfield I realize that this review is almost 9 years old, but it shows up first in the list so I wanted to comment. I doubt "Suede" made it past the first 25 pages. There is WAY more in One-L than tiresome bitching. One-L is well-written and grabs your attention from page 1 to the end. In my experience, complainers will usually complain about others long before they look in the mirror. Not that I'm complaining.............so bring it on, but please read the book first.