Douglas Meeks's Reviews > BloodSworn

BloodSworn by Stacey Brutger

Feb 17, 2013

BloodSwornBloodSworn by Stacey Brutger

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

NOTE: Any reviews that mention formatting/grammar problems should be ignored since those have been corrected and the ebooks up for sale now have the new corrected version.

Review:
Trina thought she had found the perfect place to hide when she used a bit of magic to get her through all the guards on the property of Merrick. The fact that he could see her (when nobody else could) almost every time she came onto his property to hide in a large shed on his land should have told them something.

This story revolves around 2 main plots. The romance of Merrick trying to slowly convince Trina that she desired him as much as he desired her was a VERY frustratingly slow process but very entertaining, since they both felt a strong pull for each other but Trina was dedicated to another task, the somewhat urban fantasy plot of trying to recover her kidnapped sister back from the vampire king (the vampires in this story are far from being nice and sparkly).

The story is a great one of magic, passion, loyalty, mystery and then you throw in the evil bad guys (vampires and witches), and you now have all the trappings for a really good story. Oh and least we forget a few zombies show up, what a party –grin-

There are a lot more complexities to this story than I can tell here but it was entertaining, kept my interest and ended very nicely wrapped up. This is an easy 4 Star reading and maybe more depending on your mood.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read BloodSworn.