Becky's Reviews > Yearning for the Living God: Reflections from the Life of F. Enzio Busche

Yearning for the Living God by F. Enzio Busche
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yearning for the Living God.

04/27/2009 page 26
05/06/2009 page 90
29.32% "His early childhood as "Hitler Youth" is very interesting."
show 3 hidden updates…

message 1: by Louise (new)

Louise I enjoyed this book very much! Probably because I had the pleasure of knowing Elder Busche (before he was Elder Busche). He was one of the first members I met on my mission, and I was immediately very impressed by him. The book is a moving story about his conversion and also somewhat about the growth of the church in my first city, Dortmund.

message 2: by Louise (new)

Louise These comments are really by John.

One more thing, Elder busche was President Allred's mission president when he served in the Munich mission.

John

Janell Only three stars? Wow, you're tough!

Becky Everytime I see that, I say the same thing to myself. But then I look at all my other books - it seems I give five stars to everything. I'm either afraid to offend or every book takes me someplace very, very wonderful. Call me inconsistent.

I did enjoy the book. In fact now that I think about it, something from that book is brought to recall almost daily - an experience Elder Busche had, or a doctrine expounded upon, something historical, and of course his story about the Frankfurt Temple. That bit of history alone is worth the book.

OK. I'll edit my rating.

Hope you are settling into your new life, Janell. It's odd to think of you not being here.

Janell I seem to give most everything five stars too, but that's because I don't read a book unless I think I'm going to like it! I usually don't finish a book either if it isn't interesting to me. I consider it a waste of time. The only exeption I made to all that was for a book club I was in.

As for life in San Antonio, boy is it hot! I think we are really going to like it though. Landon already loves his job and it's only been a few days!

Take care!