SheWunders's Reviews > Intertwined

Intertwined by Gena Showalter

Sep 08, 09

bookshelves: 2009-09, ya-childrens_lit, paranormal
Read in September, 2009

What can I say - there's a lot going on in this book. I'm very excited to see how it plays out in the coming installments. But I was also very distracted while reading through ALL of the different plot lines. I couldn't stay focused on what's really happening because I was pulled into a side plot that may or may not have anything to do with Intertwined, but will be needed in later books. All that to say, I think this series will get better because as the plot moves forward things will clear up.

In a way, the paranormal world reminds me of Kresley Cole's Lore (created in her Immortal's After Dark series). Showalter's world is definitely YA and a little more serious, but the depth is there. It's fascinating to think about this world with different species that exists with ours. Cool. Also, there's something for everyone - vampires, werewolves, fairies, witches, goblins, etc. Whatever you fancy, really.

So I think Gena will spin this into an elborate series that I can't put down. I wonder.... Do you think she'll follow the same protag (Aden) or will she change perspective with each installment as with her adult series? I would love to see a novel from Riley POV. Or Victoria. Or Mary Ann. Exciting stuff.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Intertwined.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angelc (new) - added it

Angelc Great review, E! I hope to get this one soon!

SheWunders Thanks! It was hard to give this one 3 stars because I know it's going to turn into something better. I hope you like reading it.

message 3: by Angelc (new) - added it

Angelc Thanks! She probably felt like she had to do a lot of set-up in the first one.