Emily's Reviews > Three Men Seeking Monsters: Six Weeks in Pursuit of Werewolves, Lake Monsters, Giant Cats, Ghostly Devil Dogs & Ape-men

Three Men Seeking Monsters by Nick Redfern

May 28, 09

Read in May, 2009

There were several parts of this book that were laugh-out-loud funny and a couple that were scary enough to made me move to a well-lit room with other people. The whole premise of the book, that our world is inhabited by Cormons - demons from another dimension- that appear to us as phantom cats, Bigfoot, sea monsters and ape-men and feed on our fear, is really creepy. Really, really creepy. However, the fact that the three sat down to a breakfast of eggs, bacon and sliced tomatoes is pointless and irrevelant. So is the explanation of what each man ate at the pub. Unfortunately, Redfern likes to tell his readers these facts. I really don't care. Tell me about the invocation of monsters instead of just mentioning that you did it. Save the food for a cook book. It was entertaining and makes me wonder about those shadowy things I see out of the corner of my eye, however.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Men Seeking Monsters.