Mary's Reviews > Hunted

F_50x66
May 07, 09

bookshelves: schwa, teh-vampyres
Read in May, 2009

No! The series is finished!
(Update: Recent--well, a few minutes ago-- reading of reviews shows that this is NOT the end! more are coming, YAAAAAY!!!)

Okay, before I go mourn the loss of a brilliant series in a corner or something along those lines, I need to do this book review. Everything else can wait. (On the bright side, book ten of Pendragon isn't out yet, so there's hope for me yet.

Anyway, time for the actual review. I started this book after school yesterday and finished it today at about 9:40 a.m. I'm a notoriously fast reader, but more than that, I couldn't put this book down. Hunted House of Night Book 5 was incredibly addicting. Of the five, this was probably my favorite. Although this series contains one of the most disturbing mental images in book history (DO NOT ASK. PLEASE.), it's also the only series that has made me put a book down because I was crying so hard. The emotions in these books, Hunted and the others, are so vivid, and you become so immersed in Zoey Redbird's (the main character's) troubles that you can feel what's happening. So as Zoey takes down the High-Priestess-turned-evil-dark-queen-thing Neferet and Evil-Raven-Demon-Fallen-Angel-whatever Kalona, enjoy this book--but read the first four stories about her and her vampyre fledgling friends (And the crazy chaos that ensues) first.

I would recommend this book to teenage girls. I would recommend it to guys too, but this book is told mostly on girl standards and there is definitely a superiority-of-women theme going in this series, so I'd rather not get blamed for any angry guys reading these books. Enjoy!

Note: I counted from "Anyway, time for..." and got 204 words.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hunted.

Comments (showing 1-8)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 8: by Katherine (new)

Katherine You made this book sound really good Mary!!!! Do think I could borrow it when you're done????

Mary Katherine wrote: "You made this book sound really good Mary!!!! Do think I could borrow it when you're done????"

It's book 5, but I can go dig up book 1 if you'd like. By the way, although it's a vampire (vampyre) series, it's nothing at ALL like Twilight, if it makes you wanna read it more. :3

Also, book 1 is the one with the really disturbing mental image that I really would rather not go into. Seriously.

message 6: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Hahaha okay. So you would recommend reading the series? WHwat is the name of book 1?

message 5: by Katherine (new)

Katherine What*

Mary Katherine wrote: "Hahaha okay. So you would recommend reading the series? WHwat is the name of book 1?"

Yes I would. If you don't like it, I'm sorry, but at least give it a shot.

Marked.

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine I will give it a shot. Thanks a ton! And don't feel the need to dig up the first book for me. I will find it. Thanks again!

Mary Katherine wrote: "I will give it a shot. Thanks a ton! And don't feel the need to dig up the first book for me. I will find it. Thanks again!"

I think I know where it is, don't worry. I can have it by tomorrow.

message 1: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Wow, thank you. I will be looking forward to it!