Kenny's Reviews > Liberty and Tyranny: A Conservative Manifesto

Liberty and Tyranny by Mark R. Levin

Jun 23, 09

bookshelves: current-events
Read in June, 2009

As a lawyer myself, I always appreciate a well-reasoned defense and Levin does not disappoint. In highly restrained manner, devoid of ascerbic hyperbole, he nevertheless makes his points powerfully and passionately. The upshot is that he so clearly delineates the differences between the Statist and the Conservative that I cannot imagine anyone who isn't a Statist not changing their party affiliation to Republican. But more than defining the differences, he prescribes the solution in his final, brilliant chapter entitled "A Conservative Manifesto," which is filled with common-sense and constructive methods which will go a long way toward defeating the Statist agenda. The only way you can oppose Levin's argument is to disavow the notion of original intent when it comes to the Constitution, as many admittedly do. But I do not; I respect a document that has served this nation well for over 200 years. There is nothing like America elsewhere on earth, there never has been in the past, and, should we ignore Levin's wise advice, there will never be one in the future. Ignore this book at your peril.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Liberty and Tyranny.