Ralphie's Reviews > The Vampire's Assistant

The Vampire's Assistant by Darren Shan

Apr 22, 09

bookshelves: 7th-grade-ir-books-jen

This thrilling book is from the mysterious author Darren Shan. In his line of books in this series he lists the supposed memoirs of his life. In this novel, the second in the series he tells his story of living as a vampires assistant. His memoirs are interesting but also mysterious stories about living as a half vampire half human. Then he runs away to the Cirque Du Freak freak show. He runs away to become more used to being his true self.

I think I can relate most to Darren because I've always felt like I wasn't in the place I was supposed to be. Darren has felt like his true self since he's been turned into a vampire. I believe that everyone should be true to themselves. Like Darren was just an ordinary boy before and now he's more like his true self.

I give this book 5 stars because of it's page turning horror and it's thrilling plot that really speaks to it's characters. I highly recommend it to any person who loves a good suspenseful and scary story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vampire's Assistant.