Lisa's Reviews > Taltos

Taltos by Anne Rice

Apr 25, 09

bookshelves: 2009, family-business, gods-and-monsters, vamps-witches-wolves-oh-my
Recommended to Lisa by: Jade
Read in April, 2009, read count: 1

Culmination of the Mayfair Witches' trilogy, this sometimes feels as though it's an entirely separate book as much of it is concerned with the relating of Ashlar's tale, which is a delicious mix of history with myths and legends, all imbued with the inevitable sadness that comes from having lived a centuries-long life.

The events concerning the Mayfair's (other than Rowan and Michael, who simply listen to Ashlar for the most part) and the reclamation of the Talamasca are relegated to the sidelines, which is a shame as I would have liked to have seen a little more to these stories, particularly in the case of the Talamasca (though that part does have a fantastically grisly punishment at it's conclusion).

I enjoyed elements pertaining to Mona and Mary Jane, and would have liked to have found out a little bit more about the Fountevrault Mayfair's, but was slightly ambivalent about Morrigan and this part of the story was that which I enjoyed least.

It's arguable that this book is the least necessary in the series as it was hard to see where things could go after the events in the last book, which would have seemed a more natural conclusion, but nevertheless this was still highly enjoyable and definitely worth a read.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taltos.