Ashley's Reviews > Going Bovine

Going Bovine by Libba Bray

Apr 11, 14

bookshelves: printz-award, own, audiobook, re-read
Read from April 05 to 06, 2010

**Update**
I listened to this one on audio as a reread, and I just loved it. The confusion over how I felt before disappeared, and I just genuinely and solidly enjoyed and pretty much love this book. The more tine that passes, the less I can remember anything about it, other than loving it. :)

Hmmm. I don't know how I feel about this book... I liked it, but it was also a little.... off? I don't know what I am trying to say here...

I wasn't expecting the SciFi/Fantasy element to the story, and I don't normally like when a book (or movie) takes me by suprise like that. I generally enjoy what ever I'm reading a lot more if I know at least what general genre I'm getting myself involved with. That being said, after reading the jacket flap, I noticed that it does mention some rather fantastical elements to the story, so really, I can't blame the book because I wasn't paying attention.
I really did enjoy this book. I enjoyed listening to Cameron, and being there as he grew, and became a better person. I anticipated certain parts of the story, and the ending, but I must say that the getting there certainly took me by suprise. I definitely didn't see most of the adventures Cameron and crew found themselves involved in.
I guess all I can really say about this book- Read it. Just do it, ok. I know it sounds strange, and I don't really know how to describe my feelings about this story, but just go. Pick up the book, read it, and decide for yourself what you think about it, because it really is a great story. (I think...)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Going Bovine.

04/05/2010 page 27
5.63% "Already this is becoming a favorite. Cameron has a strong clear, and hilarious voice. If the rest of the book is this good, then WOW!"
04/06/2010 page 265
55.21% "Looking at it now, I don't know how I missed it, but I definitely wasn't prepared for the Sci/Fi/Fantasy. Not sure how I feel about that..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Inoli I had to laugh at the final impression this book left you with. It certainly was bizarre. It took me quite a while to really get into it but after a certain point I started liking it more and more. By the end I was so amazed I had to give it 5 stars. As much as I liked it I can still certainly appreciate the last paragraph of your review.

Ashley Lol... Thanks. I think I need to read it again to really understand how I feel about it. It's always nice to revisit characters like this.