Deval's Reviews > The Chronicles of Chrestomanci, Vol. 1

The Chronicles of Chrestomanci, Vol. 1 by Diana Wynne Jones

Aug 20, 14

bookshelves: childrens
Read in April, 2009

Things are not always what they seem is the theme of the stories in this book. I particularly enjoyed "The Charmed Life". I felt really bad for poor Cat to seemed to be stuck in the worst possible mess due to his loyalty to his sister. Diana Wynne Jones has written one of the best stories I have ever read. You instantly fall in love with the characters. The story is full of humor and innocence that with every turn of the page you'll find yourself smiling. The Old English setting adds to that humor making the book all the more enjoyable to read.
"The Lives of Christopher Chant" is set at least 25 years before the events that take place in "Charmed Life". The main character - Christopher is hilarious. Once he finds out that he has more than 1 life and after he moves in to the Chrestomanci castle his reaction when he loses more lives is actually quite comical.
Overall I think this was a very pleasant read and anyone thinking of reading this book should not hesitate..it is definitely worth it!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chronicles of Chrestomanci, Vol. 1.