Emily Farrar 's Reviews > Patience, Princess Catherine

Patience, Princess Catherine by Carolyn Meyer

Apr 22, 09

Read in April, 2009

After watching The Other Boleyn Girl, for some reason Queen Catherine just seemed to fascinate her, and that's one of the reasons I decided to read this book. Now I feel really, really sorry for Catherine.
She had many years of 'happiness' with Henry (according to this book) but she had such a ruff start, and a sad ending. All young girls dream of being a princess or queen, but for some reason I don't think that part never took really took quite the grip it did in other girls. When I played games I didn't care if I was a peasant or a princess (that I can remember). I guess it was because my older sister and I think sometimes my older brother kept telling how much it would stink to be royalty. This book reinforced that. It really would stink to be royalty from any country in Europe during this time.
Now I am off to read about Cattherine's (although that's not really her real name is it? It's Catalina or something) daughter Mary in Mary, Bloody Mary

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Patience, Princess Catherine.