Kim Smiley's Reviews > Melody

Melody by V.C. Andrews

Apr 21, 2009

Read in April, 2009

** spoiler alert ** A very good book. The first in this V.C. Andrews series. A young teenage girl who lives in a trailerpark close to her Daddy's work in the coalmines. After a tragic accident that takes her father away, young Melody's frivolous mother decides to take off with her new boyfriend, Archie to try and become the model/actress she wished to be before she became pregnant and married.

Melody is dropped off in Cape Cod to live w/ relatives who she never met. Her father's brother, his wife and two children. Left by her mother with this family she has never met, Melody begins to unravel the secrets of the Logan family, including the realization that her father was not her biological Dad. Between her Uncle and Grandmother who can barely look at her, Melody finds friendly in faces of her cousins, Cary, a handsome senior at her new high school, and May, 10 years old and deaf.

The book is a page turner. You're continuously wondering what secret Melody will uncover next. The book continues with the second in the series, Heart Song.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Melody.

Mizzashley You should put spoil alert. I didn't get as far as Melody finding out her father was not her real father. Thats definately a spoil I could have waited for.

message 2: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Smiley Mizzashley wrote: "You should put spoil alert. I didn't get as far as Melody finding out her father was not her real father. Thats definately a spoil I could have waited for. "

sorry, I'm kinda new to this, and when I wrote that particular summary, I didn't even know you could check a box for spoilers.