Becky Everhart's Reviews > Tend to Your Garden Within

Tend to Your Garden Within by Shervin Hojat

I am not a frequent reader of self-help books, but I am interested in original takes on religion and how to make it work for me. I also love poetry. Therefore, the marrying of these two loves made me want to pick this book up despite my reservations. Where I was afraid of finding preachy, hokey exercises, I found a journey plotted out before me, one that promised to show me how to lessen the great amount of hurt I have suffered and show me how to get to what's next. In that respect, this book surprised me again and again, and I am grateful. The reptition throughout was like a rope to hold on to as I scaled the cliffs of myself.

What I disliked about the book is the minor spelling errors and what I felt to be an oveabundance of commas, which I found distracting. I would have also liked to see a conventional "about the author" blurb and a face to put with the warm soul.

Still, it was a good read. I highly recommend it to anyone who needs a bit of help along the way of life.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tend to Your Garden Within.