PurplyCookie's Reviews > Fearless: Double Edition #1: Fearless (#1) & Lost

Fearless by Francine Pascal

Apr 26, 09

bookshelves: adventure-novel, book-series, young-adult, 1st-in-a-series
Read in April, 2009

I am just like you. But I'm not --- I'm fearless."

Pascal's back with another teen series but this time aiming for something more action-packed but I'm not sure she thoroughly suceeded. We have Gaia--a girl who's struggling for a shot at a normal teenage life since she was born without the fear gene. How this was possible was not explained in this first (and 25th) book in the series. But regardless of the scientific explanation, one thing's certain; Gaia's different genetically different makeup has enabled us to have a black belt, fluency in several languages and an implied high level of intelligence.

But of course not everything comes without a price. Her father's MIA (due to his covert work in the CIA) and her mother's dead--again both important parts of her life that was mentioned and explained in a muddled way.

This features two books in one; with issue # 25 written a bit better. But again too many loose ends of which the author isn't in a hurry to be explaining soon enough. One thoroughly annoying thing for this book series: the differently sized fonts throughout the book slowed down the reading, it could do without those.

Book Details:

Title Fearless: Double Edition #1 : Fearless (#1) & Lost (#25)
Author Francine Pascal
Reviewed By Purplycookie
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fearless.