Andrea's Reviews > Inside the Shadow City

Inside the Shadow City by Kirsten Miller

Apr 23, 09

bookshelves: 2009, youngadult, own, adventure, favorites, mystery
Recommended for: people who like adventure stories
Read in April, 2009, read count: 1

Ananka is yearning for a life of excitement, but she doesn't realize it until it the morning she looks out her window to discover a sink hole in the park outside her window and the secret room that lies beneath. Before long she is discovering a secret city with Kiki Strike and a highly talented group of girls called the Irregulars. The girls seem unstoppable until an accident occurs that leaves them doubting the motives of their fearless leader and causes a split. When girls across the city begin to go missing, the Irregulars must ban together to save the day.

I picked this book up on a whim while visiting a book store in Bay St. Louis. For a book that I chose based on the cover, I couldn't have been more pleased. This adventure tale moved quickly and kept me entertained the whole time. I loved the strong young women and the interesting setting. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the second book in the series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inside the Shadow City.